Monday, June 20, 2011

My Week In Korea

The last few weeks have been interesting for me. I traveled to Korea for business and unlike other trips I managed to dedicate a whole week to myself without any interruption and minimal interaction with other humans...lol.  What I mean is that I had a week of total uninterrupted solitude. Reflecting back on that week, I realized certain things that I have taken for granted. Perhaps being away from home made me realize what I truly have: a loving wife and three wonderful children (not that I did not realize this prior to leaving, but you get my point). But, what I could not understand is how this trip was different from all others?  Perhaps this trip offered new meaning and further reflection upon my life. I definitely realized that without my family I truly would be a lonely soul.
Anyways, after the meetings I attended, I began to drink out of boredom and soon I found myself wanting to come home. In the past, I had been away for months apart, but this trip hit home. I felt the need for change—to appreciate my family and worry less about trivial things in life. I also experienced a spiritual renewal. I had struggled for several weeks debating the bible and the direction of my faith (don’t get me wrong, I still do), but I think some of the doubt and controversy has subsided. I hope to continue in a positive direction…

No comments:

Post a Comment